Traumatic experiences such as torture and abuse can have profound and enduring effects on the human spirit. Valuing our clients' resiliency, determination, and dignity, we focus on empowering individuals to rebuild their lives and heal from the shattering impacts of trauma.
The counseling staff and volunteers at CLSACC come together to help people who may have lived through painful experiences in their home country or may be having difficulty adjusting to the United States. We provide specialized services for survivors of torture, victims of crime, and individuals affected by war and other types of human rights violations.
- Psychological evaluations and expert court testimony for asylum, VAWA, U Visa, and cancellation of removal cases
- Individual counseling and therapy
- Art therapy group for women who are experiencing social isolation
- Case management
- Access to medical care
- Referral to English and GED classes
- Referral to employment services
- Referral to food and clothing resources
- Access to Victim Compensation
CLSACC is a member of the National Consortium of Torture Treatment Programs (NCTTP). For more information about resources and services
for survivors of torture,
you can visit:
CLSACC is a member of the International Rehabilitation Council for Torture Victims (IRCT). For more information, you can visit:
© 2013 - Community Legal Services and Counseling Center